The Siddharth Anand directorial Pathaan starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, and John Abraham released a day ago. Released across 5500 screens in India and a further 2500 screens overseas, the Yash Raj Films production has been unstoppable at the box office. In fact, Pathaan managed to draw in a massive Rs. 57 crores (Hindi Rs. 55 cr + Tamil & Telugu Rs. 2 cr) on its opening day. Following this on its second day running, the business of the film saw exponential growth with a further Rs. 70.50 crores (Hindi Rs. 68 cr + Tamil & Telugu Rs. 2.5 cr). With this, the total collections of Pathaan are pegged at a staggering Rs. 127.50 crores! Interestingly, with its stellar box office performance, Pathaan has established 21 new benchmarks as follows:
1. Highest grossing day in the history of Hindi cinema.
Collecting Rs. 57 crores on Day 1, and a further Rs. 70.05 crores on Day 2, Pathaan has become the only film in the history of Hindi cinema to emerge as the highest single-day grosser two days consecutively.
2. Only Hindi film to breach the Rs 55 crores NBOC (national box office collection) barrier.
On its opening day, Pathaan drew in a total of Rs. 57 crores at the box office, with Rs. 55 crores coming in from the Hindi version and a further Rs. 2 crores coming in from the Tamil and Telugu versions.
3. Only Hindi film to breach Rs 70 crores NBOC barrier.
On its second day running, Pathaan garnered Rs. 70.50 crores, becoming the only Hindi film ever to accomplish this feat.
4. Fastest Hindi film to record Rs 100 crores NBOC.
Drawing in Rs. 127.50 crores within just two days of its release, Pathaan has now become the fastest Hindi film to enter the Rs. 100 crores club.
5. Only Hindi film to breach Rs 50 crores NBOC barrier on two consecutive days.
Collecting Rs. 55 crores and Rs. 68 crores respectively on its first and second day running, Pathaan has become the first Hindi film to cross Rs. 50 crores at the box office, on two consecutive days
6. Sets circuit records in every film circuit in India.
With 20,000 shows in a single day in the Mumbai circuit alone, Pathaan has managed to set such records in every circuit in India
7. Widest Hindi release of all time in India.
Released across 5500 screens in India, Pathaan has featured the widest release pattern for a Hindi film in India
8. Highest grossing opening day for a Hindi film post Covid 19 pandemic.
Collecting Rs, 57 cr, and Rs. 70.05 cr on its first and second day Pathaan has emerged as the highest-grossing opening day release post the pandemic.
9. Highest grossing first day for a non-holiday release.
Release on Wednesday, Pathaan which collected Rs. 55 cr has become the highest-grossing first day for a non-holiday release.
10. Highest grossing second day in the history of Hindi cinema.
With Rs. 70.05 cr coming in on its second day running, Pathaan has emerged as the highest second-day grosser in the history of Hindi cinema
11. YRF is the only film studio in India to breach ₹ 50 cr nboc barrier with a Hindi film.
With Pathaan YRF has become the only production house to cross the Rs. 50 cr nett mark with a Hindi film.
12. YRF has recorded collections in excess of Rs. 50 cr nboc four times in the last 4 years.
With Pathaan, YRF has now recorded collections in excess of Rs. 50 cr four times in the past four years.
13. 3rd YRF film to cross Rs. 50 cr+ nett box office collections on the 1st day.
After War and Thugs Of Hindostan, Pathaan has emerged as the third YRF film to cross Rs. 50+ cr nett collections on its opening day.
14. 3rd YRF Spy Universe film to set an opening day record.
Following Ek Tha Tiger and War, the Shah Rukh Khan starrer Pathaan has emerged as the third film in YRF’s Spy Universe to set an opening day record.
15. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Shah Rukh Khan.
Even though Shah Rukh Khan has multiple hits and super-hits to his name, Pathaan has emerged as the actor’s highest first and second-day grosser.
17. Highest grossing first day & second day for Deepika Padukone.
Despite featuring multiple films in the Rs. 100 cr club, Pathaan has emerged as Deepika Padukone’s highest first and second-day grosser.
18. Highest grossing first day & second day for John Abraham.
Among John Abraham starrers, Pathaan ranks as the actor’s highest first and second-day grosser.
19. Highest grossing first day & second day for Siddharth Anand.
With Pathaan directorial Siddharth Anand has registered his highest grossing first and second day till date.
20. Highest grossing first day & second day for Yash Raj Films.
Given the hype around Pathaan it comes as no surprise that the film has recorded the highest first and second-day collections among any Yash Raj Films productions.
21. Highest grossing first day & second day for YRF Spy Universe films.
With Pathaan collecting Rs. 55 cr, and Rs. 68 cr respectively on its first and second day, the film has registered the highest-grossing first two days for any film in the YRF Spy Universe.
Pathaan has become a ‘must watch’ theatrical entertainer, which is being celebrated across the nation. Pathaan is part of Aditya Chopra’s ambitious spy universe and has the biggest superstars of the country Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, and John Abraham in it.