The Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor starrer Padmaavat released a little over a week ago. Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali the film which faced issues with its release in India has been doing well at the box office despite the hurdles it faced. In the overseas markets as well, Padmaavat has been posting stellar numbers consistently emerging as one of the highest grossers in most markets. In this special report we take a look at 10 facts about Padmaavat entering the Rs. 200 crore club.
1. Padmaavat enters the Rs. 200 crore club in 11 days of its release
2. Padmaavat joins Salman Khan‘s Kick as the 9th fastest film to enter the Rs. 200 crore club in just 11 days
3. Becomes the only film to cross the Rs. 200 crore mark despite not featuring screenings in key mass dominated sectors
4. Padmaavat becomes Deepika Padukone’s third film to enter the Rs. 200 crore club, previous ones being Chennai Express and Happy New Year.
5. Padmaavat is both Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh’s first film to make it to the Rs. 200 crore club
6. With Padmaavat, Shahid Kapoor enters the Rs. 200 crore club at the age of 36.
7. Ranveer Singh now joins Prabhas as the youngest actor to feature in the Rs. 200 crore club at the age of 32.
8. Sanjay Leela Bhansali debuts in the Rs. 200 crore club with Padmaavat.
9. Sanjay Leela Bhansali surpasses Sooraj Barjatya as the oldest director in the Rs. 200 cr club entering at the age of 54 years.
10. Padmaavat becomes both Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor’s highest grossing film ever.