Over the past couple of years Hollywood films have been making a big impact at the India box office. With an increase in patronage, and of course films being dubbed in regional languages Hollywood films seem to have captured the audiences’ attention. In this Infographic Bollywood Hungama takes a look at the Top 5 Hollywood grossers that have made it big at the India box office.
Infographic: Top 5 Hollywood grossers at the India box office
1. Avengers: Endgame: Released in 2019 Avengers: Endgame, the second part of the climax of Marvel’s Phase 3, was a film mounted on a massive scale, promotions that surrounded the film were equally high pitched. But, what worked for Avengers: Endgame was the fan following the previous films had create, thanks to which the released raked in a staggering Rs. 373.22 cr.
2. Avengers: Infinity War: The end of phase 3 was with Avengers: Infinity War. The film which signalled the beginning of the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) phase witnessed an unheard of response from the Indian audience. In fact, the film collected Rs. 227.43 cr on its released in 2018.
3. Spider-Man: No Way Home: The recently released Tom Holland starrer Spider-Man: No Way Home stunned everyone. The film which hit screens post the second lockdown did exceptionally well collecting Rs. 213.11 cr at the India box office. Globally as well, Spider-Man: No Way Home set the box office register jingling, becoming one of the highest grossers of recent times.
4. The Jungle Book: Collecting Rs. 188 cr, this modern rendition of a fabled tale, The Jungle Book featured the voices of big names. But what for the film back here is India was the fact that apart from featuring Priyanka Chopra’s voice, the story of The Jungle Book has been a tale told for generations. With stellar animation and VFX the film was a visual treat for both the young and old alike.
5. The Lion King: Another remake of a film from years past, was The Lion King. Made with new age animation and VFX, the film was a visual treat that retained the emotion and ethos of the previous film. Collecting Rs. 158.11 cr in India, The Lion King proved that even an animated film if done well can be a crowd puller.
BOLLYWOOD NEWS - LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & upcoming movies 2022 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.