Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja are tying the knot on May 8 and finally the families released a joint statement yesterday confirming the same. It read: “The Kapoor and Ahuja families take great joy and pride, in announcing the marriage of Sonam and Anand. The wedding will take place on May 8, in Mumbai. Since it is an intimate affair, we request you to respect the family’s need for privacy. Thank you for all your blessings and love, as we celebrate this special moment in our lives. Now, we have laid our hands on the shaadi plan of this couple. Well, for the starters it is going to be one elaborate affair replete with all the dos: sangeet, wedding, cocktail party! So, the Kapoor and Ahuja families are going to make sure that there is a typical Bollywood tamjham at the shaadi. Here is everything you need to know about this wedding!
– There are going to be three functions in all. Mehendi, Wedding and Cocktail party which would double up as a reception. All three functions will be held in Mumbai albeit in three different locations.
– Mehendi will be held at Sunteck, Signature Island in Bandra Kurla Complex and the dress code for the function is Indian festive shades of white. The function will start on May 7 post 4pm.
– The gala event: Wedding will be held at Sonam’s aunt’s bungalow in Mumbai. The Anand Karaj ritual will be held from 11 am – 12.30 pm and this will be followed by lunch at the venue which is at Bandstand. The dress code for the same is specifically mentioned as Indian Traditional.
– On the same day, Sonam and Anand will throw a big bash for their industry friends at The Leela Mumbai and it is total black tie event. The dress code for the same is western or Indian formals!
– The invites for this big ticket Punjabi wedding have a classy, muted off white look and feel. They are lightly decorated with delicate paintings.
Stay tuned for more pics and updates!