1. ‘Oh Sajna Dilbar’: Aadesh’s first composition for a film called Kanyaadan featured the indomitable Lata Mangeshkar. Aadesh was never tired of saying how
proud he was that the Goddess of Melody sang this melodious love duet (with Udit Narayan).
2. ‘Phool Main Bhejoon Dil Ye Karta Hai’: One of Aadesh’s lesser-known movie albums was Salma Pe Dil Aa Gaya. The film had enchanting songs by Lataji. I choose this duet of
Lata with Kumar Sanu as an example of Aadesh’s melodious strength.
3. ‘Jab Nahin Aaye The’: Sung by, you won’t believe it, Kareena Kapoor for Govind Nihalani’s Dev, this love song was composed keeping Kareena’s chord- constrains in mind.
Brilliantly evocative it is also sung separately by Aadesh’s wife Vijayta. Hear them out to see how much emotion Aadesh could invest into his melodies.
4. ‘Ankhen Jiski Mandir Masjid Dil Gurudwara Hai Woh Desh Hamara Hai’: A rare patriotic song from the post Manoj Kumar era of cinema, done with gusto by Aadesh for the film Bhai Bhai.
5. ‘Sona Sona’: The original pop-Bhangra track sung for and by Mr Bachchan in Major Saab long before ‘Shava Shava’ (also composed by Aadesh) and the other clones. Great fun.
6. ‘Baghban’: Every song in Baghban was a gem. I choose Richa Sharma’s heart wrenching song about the parent-child relationship. It is one of the best Hindi songs of the last
spotlight the romantic side to Bachchan Saab and Hema’s personality.
8. ‘Kehta Hai Babul’: A bidaai song, a father’s emotional send-off of his daughter. Shows the amazing tuning between the Big B and Aadesh, and also displays Aadesh’s great
ability to get into any mood to create an apt song.
9. ‘Mora Piya’: A sexy sinewy love song filmed on Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif in Raajneeti which in the long run became the signature song of the couple’s relationship.
10. Aallah Hu: My favourite Aadesh composition. A devotional Sufi number sung to great heights of glory by Asha Bhosle and Aadesh for Govind Nihalani’s Dev. This track shows
what Aadesh could do when given a chance.