Khan played the bratty lover-boy trying to earn a decent living with Ã©lan that catapulted him to instant fame. The film
established a renewable rapport between Salman Khan and director Sooraj Barjatya.
2. Love (1991): Salman's wettest weepie ever, it featured him as an abused child who falls in love with the
charming Maggie (Revathy) only to lose her to death at the end. Sob.
3. Saajan (1991): Salman Khan lost the girl to another man. He played the rich playboy who finally loses Madhuri
Dixit to Sanjay Dutt because Dutt writes poetry and is physically disabled. Go figure.
4. Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994): Love during the time of eating, gaming and flirting. Though Salman lost Madhuri
to Sanjay Dutt in Saajan, he made sure he got her in this film even though a calamity stuck the happy family threatening
to tear the lovers apart.
5. Khamoshi: The Musical (1996): It was Manisha Koirala's film all the way. The script favoured her character as
she tried to connect with her deaf-and-mute parents. Salman as Manisha's silently supportive love-interest provided a sense of
comfort and joy in the girl's oppressive world.
6. Bandhan (1998): One of Salman's rare film set in rural India. Here he played Ashwini Bhave's faithful and
loving kid-brother who follows her into her marriage and sasural as part of her dowry. Sweet and emotional.
7. Humâ€¦Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999): Salman loses love again when Aishwarya Rai preferred to stay on within her
arranged marriage rather than walk away with her lover. Salman's emotional breakdown at the end with his screen-mom Helen
(who's also his father's second wife in real life) was a hanky-drencher. Salman tried his best to convince the director Sanjay
Bhansali to allow the script the freedom for Aishwarya to walk off with Salman instead of Ajay Devgn. Salman even took Sooraj
Barjatya's help to convince Bhansali. But nothing doing. Salman was never destined to get the girl.
8. Tere Naam (2003): Salman's most emotional film to date he plays a reformed ruffian whose love for the
unattainable and pure girl lands him in a mental institution. Many consider this Salman's finest performance. But only if
you've not seen Vikram in the original Tamil film Sethu.
9. Phir Milenge (2004): Why on earth actress-turned-director Revathy cast her Love co-star as an HIV positive is
a mystery. A tragic case of miscasting.
10. Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015): Salman Khan takes a lost little girl back to her parents in Pakistan. Salman and
the child actor promise Harshaali Malhotra make audiences sob helplessly.
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood News Today & upcoming movies 2020 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.