This can happen only in the world of Bollywood. And for the trivia happy, this one will certainly go down as the mother of all, at least in the current year.
Last week the readers were informed about how an altogether new song had been composed for Sajid Nadiadwala‘s Anjaana Anjaani and was all set for picturisation today i.e. Monday. But wait, there is a lot more than meets the eye.
Today also happens to be Vishal Dadlani’s (of Vishal-Shekhar duo) birthday. ‘Well, happy birthday Vishal’, one immediately wishes and also adds in the same breath, ‘So how does this contribute to any trivia?’
Well, in a lot of ways actually! Here we go:
1. This is not the first time that a song with Vishal-Shekhar as the composers has been shot on Vishal’s birthday. Two years ago, a song from Bachna Ae Haseeno was also shot on the same day.
2. Both Bachna Ae Haseeno and Anjaana Anjaani have music by Vishal-Shekhar, Siddharth Anand as the director and Ranbir Kapoor as the leading man.
3. The song shot in both instances was the title track
4. Both are club songs
5. During the song composition for Bachna Ae Haseeno, Vishal-Shekhar were composing for Tarun Mansukhani’s Dostana. During the song composition for Anjaana Anjaani, Vishal-Shekhar were composing for Dostana 2.
6. In both instances, Tarun readily allowed his dates with Vishal-Shekhar to be utilised for Siddharth’s film.
7. Both the tracks feature relatively new singers. While Bachna Ae Haseeno track saw Sumeet Kumar, son of Kishore Kumar coming behind the mike, Anjaana Anjaani has newbie Nikhil D’Souza pairing up with Monali Thakur (of ‘Zara Zara Touch Me‘ fame).
8. Just as was the case with Bachna Ae Haseeno title track, even Anjaana Anjaani title track was the last to be recorded by Vishal-Shekhar. Naturally, in both the instances, these have turned out to be the last song from the film shot by Siddharth Anand.
One wonders whether this trivia could indeed by titled as ‘Ajab Vishal Ke Ghazab Birthday Ki Kahani’?
Laughs Vishal, “Well, this is some mad coincidence! Wild, ain’t it?”
Yes, we agree!