It's known that when two leading ladies come on Koffee With Karan couch, it's bound to happen that the audience will get juiciest stories of the film industry. But, when those leading ladies happen to be Kareena Kapoor Khan and Sonam Kapoor who are known to be outspoken and non-diplomatic, then one can expect the episode to be fire.
Finally, the newest episode of season 5 of Koffee With Karan aired tonight which featured a guarded Sonam Kapoor and a little diplomatic Kareena Kapoor Khan. That was an unexpected turn to stay out of controversies.
The episode began with Karan addressing Kareena as 'Pregnant Stalker'. He says, "She and Ranbir are voyeuristic. You guys stalk everyone on social media. You know what everyone's doing, what everyone's saying. I keep getting images saying, 'can you explain,' as if I'm responsible for what people are wearing at airports or events."
Here are the top highlights from the latest episode:
1. The rapid fire round started with Kareena Kapoor Khan being all about that sass. When Karan Johar asked what would matrimonial ads of these actors be, she had some interesting takes on it. She described Arjun Kapoor as the ‘eager beaver’, Sidharth Malhotra as the ‘fair & lovely, and so ready’. But, for her cousin Ranbir Kapoor, she had a piece of advice though- "Ranbir needs a break”.
2. While Sonam remained tight-lipped about the London boy she is dating (Karan making reference to her alleged boyfriend Anand Ahuja), Kareena did not hold back in saying she is actually dating Karan only since they are always either talking on the phone or meeting each other. She even mentioned that her husband Saif Ali Khan is so secure that he knows either she would bevon phone with her manager or Karan Johar.
3. It all came down to Kareena's ex-boyfriend Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan. Karan quizzed Kareena, "If you were stuck in an elevator with Shahid and Saif, what do you do?" Kareena had a ready response that, "We would have a good time. Both of them are working in Rangoon and I'd have loved to be the leading actress. "
4. Then, the elevator question was shifted to Ranbir Kapoor's exes. He quizzed Kareena, "If you were stuck in an elevator with Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif, what would you do?" Kareena did not hesitate a bit and replied as fast as the flash runs, "I'd kill myself." And then everyone laughed.
5. One more interesting topic came out in the open that Kareena's elder sister Karisma Kapoor wants Sonam Kapoor to be their sister-in-law. When Karan Johar touched the topic, Kareena's response was literally like she wasn't even interested in the topic. She commented, "Whatever RK wants."
6. Kareena Kapoor Khan also made a very earnest observation about her global superstar Priyanka Chopra and could not stop praising her. "What Priyanka has done, I don't think everyone has that kind of courage. I'm sure Deepika will be able to do that too, but Priyanka is extremely talented. And even when you see her giving interviews, you can see that she's done India proud because she conducts herself really well," she said.
7. While Sonam Kapoor was guarded and gave long answers in the rapid fire, she also mentioned that she became a vegetarian after shooting Neerja and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. The movies made her make more compassionate choices. Kareena looked completed frustrated and said, "Sonam is only conducting an opera." Karan's response to that was, "Why have you become this janani, this Greater Kailash aunty, ki bolo bhai kuch toh bolo.?"
8. In this episode, Karan Johar did not decide who would be the coffee hamper. One special appearance on the show, who had already appeared in several episodes as well- Arjun Kapoor. He said that his greatest achievement as an actor to have been able to befriend Kareena Kapoor Khan. "There's a nexus in Bandra. There's your (Karan's) house, Kareena's house, and Ranbir's house, you're running the industry and you're connected to one phone. If you guys don't know about it, it hasn't happened. It's called the GM - Gossip Mafia."
Although, the episode wasn't about all gossips, altleast it gave some of the most fun moments.