Ever since the release of Sanju, social media has been buzzing with the possibility of a biopic on Salman Khan. A lot on the social media believe that the two actors were always surrounded by controversies which make their story ideal material for a biopic. An added benefit for making a biopic on Salman Khan would be the fact that he is a lot bigger star than Sanjay Dutt, and audience would be fascinated to know several facets of Khan’s life. These discussions made us think about the chapters that would be included in the film; if at all a biopic is made on Salman Khan:
1. The Pre-Stardom Era: Not many from the audience know about Khan’s childhood days. A glimpse about Salman’s pre Maine Pyaar Kiya days when he was merely a model would be an interesting chapter
2. Overnight Superstar: Everyone know that Salman Khan became an overnight superstar after the success of Maine Pyaar Kiya, but no one really knows what was going through his mind after becoming the blue-eyed lover boy of Bollywood.
3. The love life: Salman Khan has been linked to Sangeeta Bijlani, Somi Ali, Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif in career spanning over 25 years. Having dated few of the most beautiful girls from the industry, one would definitely want to know more details about the Khan’s relationships.
4. The Controversies: Two incidents have been haunting Salman Khan for almost 20 years now – the first one being black buck poaching case and the second one being the 2002 hit and run case. Khan has been under trail since a long time and several speculation theories about the two incidents have been floating around in the media. Although Khan has denied his involvement in either of two incidents in the court, it would be rather interesting to know Khan’s version of these two cases.
5. The Relationship with media: While Sanju slammed media for their representation of his cases, if there is one person who has been written off time and again by the media, it has to be Salman Khan. The media had officially labelled him as the bad boy of Bollywood. Khan believes that the reason for media to write negative stuff about him was because he never cared about them and refused to give them the interviews. Khan’s relation with media has rather been special because he is one of the only Bollywood stars who never made an attempt to please them. It would be interesting to see what image Khan has about the media.
6. Fight and Patch Up with Shah Rukh Khan: Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan have been two of the best friends of the industry. They have been together since the early 90’s and have immense respect for each-other. An insight into their friendship and what led to an ugly fall-out in Katrina Kaif’s birthday is yet another interesting chapter of Khan’s life. And of course, the film should cover the “HUG” of the decade at Baba Siddiqui’s Iftaar party, which widely spoken about all across. The patch-up between Salman and Shah Rukh was reported as widely as a peace treaty between India and Pakistan. Well, that’s the amount of interest people have in the lives of these two superstars.
7. Being Salman: Salman Khan has two sides – The Good Guy and The Bad Guy. “Mere Baare Mein Itna Maat Sochna, Main Dil Mein Aata Hoon, Samjh Mein Nai” is the one dialogue that defines Salman Khan the human being. Although his charitable trust “Being Human” is known to all, the work that the NGO performs goes highly unnoticed. There are millions of people who have their Salman Khan story to share. People from within the industry also have a lot of stories to share about the superstar, which proves his large-hearted nature. I personally believe that Salman Khan’s superstardom is a reflection of his good work. Every family that he helps becomes his fan, and the chain of “Die Heart Fans” is just increasing with every passing day. While Salman Khan is a messiah for the people whom he helps, one can’t deny the fact that a lot of people who have locked their horns with Salman are scared to even face him. Khan is that one person who won’t forgive you easily if your actions have hurt him. He is a perfectly “imperfect” human being, and this is one thing that makes his life fascinating.
8. Relationship with Fans: Last but not the least; Salman Khan is Salman Khan today because of the unconditional love that he gets from the fans. Despite all the controversies and negativity written about him, the fans never quite stopped supporting him. In-fact it won’t be wrong to say that Salman Khan has the most loyal fan-following in Bollywood today. While there might not be one clear reason for this connect with the fans, I truly believe that the super-stardom is a reflection of his good work and honest attitude. Be it television shows, big screen or interviews, Salman Khan will never shy away from speaking his heart out, even if that is an unpopular opinion. A short segment that tries to justify Khan’s connect with the audience would also be an exciting segment.
Would you want to watch a biopic on Salman Khan’s life? Let us know!