Sholay is completing its 40 years of glory today! This popular cult film which I'm sure everyone has watched, perhaps even a dozen or more
times over these four decades, is no less than a major landmark in Bollywood. Everything from rugged looks of Big B to bloodthirsty DharamPaji to the scary baddie Gabbar Singh
whose terror was enough to get us deep in our blanket to the chattering diva Basanti and her Dhanno who pulled the 'tanga' are a class apart.
This extremely crush worthy movie has set many trends and impacted our lives in more than a few ways than we realize. So, here is a list of a few of them worth mentioning.
1. You can never ask when the festival of Holi is in a straight manner. It's always got to be, "Holi kab hai? Kab hai Holi?" - the Gabbar style!
2. Can you honestly say you have never ever used the term 'Jai - Veeru' to describe a pair of inseparable friends?
Okay, you need to be a little more honest than that.
3. Or can you even pretend to plainly ask anyone to dance, in our matra bhasha? When the command's in Hindi, it just has to be "Naach Basanti Naach".
4. And then follows a sudden comment (and knowingly), by an equally vigil friend, "Basanti! In kutton ke saamne mat naachna".
5. While jovially abusing, still no one can stop themselves, from calling out the nightmare of the dog community, "Kutte main tera khoon pi jaunga"!
6. And naming a born chatterbox 'Basanti' and even reminding her how a pain in the a** her blabbering is by the innocent sentence, "Tumhara naam kya hai Basanti". It is an
undying trend still, courtesy the cool and classy Jai.
7. Talking style perhaps the rugged and unshaven look combined with a 'devil may care' attitude is perhaps what that has managed to bring a little oomph factor in the
otherwise boy zone.
8. And the denim jacket!! Ufffâ€¦ don't let me go there or this article will be left hanging mid-air!
9. The task of giving yourself that 'kamina friend inside, but cute and innocent puppy on the out' effect can never be accomplished without exclaiming the modest "Mera
toh dil hi kuch aisa hai".
10. But undoubtedly, churning out the gritty "Tera kya hoga Kaliya" at every given opportunity while threatening an enemy-friend or challenging a pesky sibling is
never out of place.
Not that you ever miss using it.
11. However, "Kitne aadmi the" is selling like hot cakes these days directing a lame stereotypical double meaning 'joke' on anyone and everyone.
12. The original female badass though will always remain the tanga haaking, forgetful, painfully a big mouth still demure and a top notch dancing diva, Basanti.
A secret (and quirky) inspiration for many!
13. So, folks that's it. But hey!! "Itna sannata kyu hai bhai?" Doesn't the classic action packed, comedy, drama, friendship and goon infested racy movie still deserve a
huge thunder of applause?!!
Yeah! That's more like it! Sardar Khush Hua!!!! ;) :)
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood News Today & upcoming movies 2020 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.