The colourful and the vibrant Holi becomes an even deeper hued rainbow when it finds a place on the silver screen. The fun filled, energetic and over the top Holi celebrations in the movies are extremely contagious. So, if you too are planning on the cliched Bollywood style Holi party, we have some fail proof steps for you to get it just right.
1. Invite the whole town to form your toli… of which half would be unknown and other half only there to dance and eat free gujhiyas.
2. Wear crisp white kurtas for the Holi splash. It should be brand new and not the one which your mom was intending to make a poccha.
3. Be in full make up. Your face going to be painted pink, yellow and purple is no excuse to not look good even if only for a few minutes.
4. And keep your hair freshly shampooed and open. Oiled braids are for morons who want to save their tresses from chemicals in colours! We are Bollywood babe!
5. Make a circle to play ringa ringa roses and let the heroine of your group take the stage showing all latkas and jhatkas.
6. Dance unnecessarily. Have the steps practised in advance. It is a show… No unrehearsed enjoyment allowed.
7. There must be a dhol and if you have a hero figure in the group as well, have him beat it a few times even though, out of tune. It’s a tradition.
8. Roll and throw away plates full of heaped gulal in the air. The bill is on the host’s dad… so don’t worry.
9. Bhaang!! Lot and lots of it… Drink like you ain’t drinking… let half of it flow down your neck and shirt. It’s saxyyy.
10. Drink it and lose your wits even more and dance like a crazy chick.
11. Flirt around with your crush.
12. Take fultoo advantage and smear the colours all over her.
13. Call your pops too… He would love to dance on the iconic ‘Rang Barse‘. Bollywood Holi would be incomplete without it.