1. Aishwarya fell in love with Abhishek Bachchan during the shooting of J P Dutta’s Umrao Jaan. They would be missing from the sets for hours driving the finicky Dutta up the nearest papier-mache wall.
2. Once during their courtship on the sets of Umrao Jaan, JP got so exasperated that he ripped her costume into pieces after waiting forever for her to reach the sets for a dance number.
3. Aishwarya is not on talking terms with Priyanka Chopra. The two fell out seriously when Priyanka took Aishwarya’s role in Rohan Sippy’s Bluff Master which ironically starred Abhishek Bachchan. Many years later Priyanka again took Aishwarya’s item song in Ram Leela. Yes ‘Ram Chahe Leele Chahe’ was originally to be performed by Aishwarya. Gaane gaane pe likha hai nachne wali ka naam.
4. Aishwarya’s in-laws have no interest or say in her career decisions. She doesn’t discuss the films she signs with them
5. Shabana Azmi and Aishwarya share a very special equation ever since they worked together as daughter and surrogate mother in Umrao Jaan. They came together again in Jazbaa last year this time as adversaries. But that didn’t stop them from sharing girlie vibes in between shots.
6. Aishwarya is an able singer. She has a great singing voice and she loves to sing for those close to her. Those privileged to hear her sing include husband Abhishek and daughter Aaradhya.
7. Aishwarya loves collecting knickknacks from all over the world. Whenever wherever Aishwarya travels, she buys little souvenirs and her home Jalsa is strewn with souvenirs purchased by the family’s Bahu.
8. While doting on daughter Aaradhya and refusing to let her out of sight Aishwarya is also the disciplinarian in the family. While hubby Abhishek, sasumaa Jaya and sasurji Amitabh Bachchan spoil Aaradhya silly, mom Aishwarya knows where to draw the line. The little girl is not allowed to buy everything.
9. Aishwarya contributed a lot to the dialogues and emotional dynamics of the dramatic scenes in her last two films Jazbaa and Sarbjit. She will be directing a film in the near future.