In this week’s wickedly funny and real Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, actor Kartik Aaryan is seen asking in abject despair, “What do women want?” Many films have shown women to be unfair in love. Here’s a list of cinema that portrays the fair sex as unfair.
1. Chalti Ka Naam Gadi: Ashok Kumar turns misogynist after his beloved dumps him. It takes nearly the whole film to unravel the mystery of Kishore Kumar‘s woman-hating Bade Bhaiyya. Apparently Shah Rukh Khan plays a similar role in Rohit Shetty‘s Dilwale.
2. Pyar Tune Kya Kiya: Urmila Matondkar’s one-sided love for Fardeen Khan lands her up in the mental asylum at the end. Scary. One of Ram Gopal Varma’s most underrated productions with a nerve wracking central performance by Matondkar.
3. Chaahat: Ramya Krishnan who recently made a grand comeback as the Queen in Rajamouli’s Bahubali lusts after rustic Rajasthani Shah Rukh Khan. Ramya rams in the love-me raga so hard that it jarred. Naseeruddin Shah played her indulgent Mafioso bro who won’t deny her anything. Spare the rod? No way, just spoil the child.
4. Mere Jeevan Saathi: Helen wants Rajesh Khanna. When he is suddenly blinded in a road accident she takes him to her palatial home, ties him up, whips him and sings the sexy Asha Bhosle number ‘Aao Na Gale Lagao Na Lagi Bujhao Na‘….In other words, come satisfy me. Bhala horny ko kaun taal sakta hai?
5. Dil Chahta Hai: The secret joke on the sets of Farhan Akhtar‘s debut film about Saif Ali Khan‘s screen girlfriend Sonali Kulkarni was that she behaved exactly the way Saif’s first wife Amrita Singh did. Enough said.
6. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara: Kalki’s nagging semi-stalker Abhay Deol’s girlfriend’s role was a living example what nagging girlfriend can do to violate her boyfriend’s space.
7. Action Jackson: Manasvi Mamgai wanted Ajay Devgn so bad, it hurt. Hurt his wife, that is. The lustful lass gets Devgn’s wife killed in the hope that he would give her attention instead. Silly girl.
8. Aetraaz: Priyanka Chopra played the horny boss of an aging tycoon (Amrish Puri) who gets the hots for employee Akshay Kumar. In one of the most hilarious instances of coitus interruptus Priyanka whips up a frenzy of passion with Akshay and just when they are….ummm….ready to do it, he moans, ‘I can’t ! I can’t do this.’ No hard feelings…
9. Tere Mere Sapne: In Vijay Anand’s classic Hema Malini playing a lonely star, hits on her doctor although she knows he is married. Not done, ji.
10. Pyaar Ka Punchnaama: All the three heroes are mohabbat ka maara, henpeckyed bechara wondering why women do what they do and say what they say and feel what they feel. Gosh, and as women go about their sweet relentless way where do men fit in? Misogyny or plain facts of life?