Sridevi passed away on Saturday night in Dubai and sent the nation into shockwaves. According to the early reports, she passed away because of a cardiac arrest. She was found unconscious in her bathroom and was declared dead upon arrival at Rashid Hospital in Dubai. She was put up in Dubai’s Jumeirah Emirates Tower Hotel and had stayed back after the wedding festivities of her nephew Mohit Marwah got over. Her husband Boney Kapoor and younger daughter Khushi went back to Mumbai. But, Boney had returned on Saturday to surprise Sridevi with dinner when this fateful incident happened.
Sridevi’s funeral will take place on Wednesday afternoon. Who’s who of Tamil and Hindi film industry have gathered at Anil Kapoor’s residence to bid last adieu to the Bollywood diva. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rajinikanth, Kamal Hasaan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra and practically entire Bollywood expressed their condolences on social media. Here are ALL the updates you need to know about Sridevi’s last journey.
28th February, 2018:
1:00 am: Salman Khan and producer Ramesh Taurani arrive together at Sridevi's Lokhandwala residence to pay last respects. The crowd continues to gather around the entire Green Acres in Mumbai. From media to fans, everyone has gathered to pay respect to the first female superstar, Sridevi.
[caption id="attachment_820125" align="aligncenter" width="585"] Salman Khan[/caption]
27th February, 2018:
22. 40 pm: The ambulance reaches Lokhandwala. Heavy police security around the ambulance. Huge amount of crowd has gathered near the place. The film fraternity members have also reached. The cremation will take place on Wednesday at 3:30pm. The condolence meet will be held at 9:30 in the morning.
22. 18 pm: The ambulance with Sridevi's mortal remains has left the Mumbai airport. They will be reaching Boney Kapoor's residence, Green Acres in Lokhandwala.
21. 55 pm: Sonam Kapoor also arrives at the airport with Anil Kapoor to be with the family. Sridevi's mortal remains will be taken to her Green Acres house in Lokhandwala, Mumbai from Gate No.8.
[caption id="attachment_820098" align="aligncenter" width="585"] Sonam Kapoor[/caption]
21: 38 pm: The aircraft carrying Sridevi's mortal remains has landed at the Mumbai airport. According to the reports, around 10 individuals are in the flight, including Boney Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Reena Marwah and Sandeep Marwah.
20: 51 pm: Anil Kapoor arrived at the Mumbai airport to receive his family. Sridevi’s daughters Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor are also reaching the airport.
[caption id="attachment_820081" align="aligncenter" width="585"] Anil Kapoor[/caption]
17.00 pm – Sridevi's embalming certificate is out and the body is ready to be brought back to Mumbai. Mortal remains of the legendary actress to touch the city by late evening.
16.00 pm – Case closed by authorities. Sridevi's mortal remains handed over to the family. According to an official spokesperson of Dubai Media Office, Dubai Public Prosecution has approved the release of Indian actress Sridevi's body to her family after completion of a comprehensive investigation into circumstances of her death. The case has now been closed.
15.00 pm – Dubai public prosecutor finally clears the case. Boney Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor to return home by evening with Sridevi's mortal remains.
12.40 pm – Arjun Kapoor leaves for Dubai, Sridevi's Dubai driver questioned
10. 00 am – Boney Kapoor is questioned by Dubai Public Prosecution. Hotel staff asked to recreate the sequence of the day of Sridevi's death. DPP is still not satisfied with the autopsy report and the events leading to the superstar's death. Embalming of the mortal remains gets further delayed.
5. 35 pm – Death certificate of the actress issued. Dubai Police has transferred the case to #Dubai Public Prosecution, which will carry out regular legal procedures followed in such cases. Reportedly, the actress's mobile reports are being checked.
5.00 pm – Sridevi's body has been released for embalming, claim Gulf News
4.45 pm – Forensic report claims the actor died of accidental drowning and there were traces of alcohol found
3.55 pm – Local sources reported that the Forensic Department released Sridevi’s death report to family members and Indian Consulate Representative.
3.30 pm - Bur Dubai police declared, ‘No criminality in the death’, to release body soon
3.15 pm – Forensic report to be handed over to the next of kin in two hours
3.00 pm – Death certificate in process, Sri’s passport to be cancelled
2.30 pm – No second autopsy to be conducted, report Khaleej Times
2.00 pm – Fans create a frenzy ouside Sridevi’s Versova bungalow. Security is tightened. Hospital sources hint that the actress’s remains to reach India by evening 5pm.
1.43 pm – Karan Johar, Manish Malhotra arrive at Anil Kapoor’s home
1.30 pm – Madhuri Dixit, Farah Khan, Saroj Khan arrive to pay homage to their beloved star
1.00 pm – Bollywood celebs Honey Irani, Farhan Akhtar and millions of fans gather at Anil Kapoor’s house. Hospital authorities said that more tests needed to be completed and other formalities too needed to be sorted. The expected time of release of Sri’s mortal remains for 3-4 hours.
12.30 pm - As reported, officials of Rashid Hospital updated that the autopsy process got delayed and would take a couple of hours more.
Also Read: 10 Lesser known facts about Sridevi
BOLLYWOOD NEWS - LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & upcoming movies 2021 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.