Love between a man from Earth and girl (alien) from Venus, sounds quite interesting and at the same time slightly weird, doesnâ€™t it? Milap Zaveri on debut as director brings together actors like Ritesh Deshmukh, Satish Shah, Jacqueline Fernandez, Vishal Malhotra, Sonal Sehgal and Ruslaan Mumtaz in this comic caper released under the People Tree Films and Warner Bros banner. Milap Zaveri in the past has been credited as the story writer for films like Shaadi No 1 and Masti to name a few.
The story is about Rajesh (Ritesh Deshmukh) who has been in search of love ever since he was a child. Unlucky and frustrated he looses all hope until he meets Natasha (Sonal Sehgal). On the other hand, Desh (Ruslaan) is one of the most popular stars in the country. Girls want to marry him, but he too cannot find â€˜true loveâ€™.
Enter Tara (Jacqueline), an alien girl from Venus who is also in search of love. What follows is a funny love triangle. Who walks away with the girl?
What works for Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (Positives)
* The concept is quite different and the story is quite interesting. The first half is filled with several light hearted moments, a few scenes are extremely funny and well directed.
* The characters are interesting, well-written and each of the actors are perfectly cast, especially Satish Shah who is a treat to watch.
* The film (atleast the first half) is fun. The colors are heart warmingly bright.
* The chemistry between the actors â€“ Ritesh and Jacqueline â€“ Ritesh and Vishal is nice.
What doesnâ€™t work for Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (Negatives)
* The second half is stretched too long and soon after the story turns into a love triangle, the film gets extremely predictable.
* The constant references to sex and even porn could make the family audiences cringe in their seats.
* The costumes, especially those of Jacqueline are ordinary.
* Some of the dialogues are lame and the music is nothing great.
* Ritesh Deshmukh is in top form in the comic scenes but doesnâ€™t get the emotional scenes in the second half right.
* Jacqueline Fernandez puts across an improved performances compared to her first effort in Aladin. Her costumes though are forgettable.
* Satish Shah is awesome. Vishal Malhotra is fantastic. Supriya Pilgaonkar is good. Sonal Sehgal and Ruslaan Mumtaz are perfectly cast and do well in their respective roles.
* Several celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Farah Khan, Sajid Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Amrita Rao and Boman Irani have special appearances and make their presence felt.
Overall, Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai has decent performances and a good first half. It tries hard to be funny, maybe too hard at times which somewhat ruins the fun. It does begin well but sadly ends up as nothing more than a average flick. Weâ€™d recommend you wait for the DVD or television premier. Ritesh Deshmukh fans can go watch.