With all eyes on Bollywood, and a whole slew of movies due for release this year, Bollywood Hungama conducted a poll to chart out what are likely to be the biggest blockbusters of 2010. The analysis took the form of an extensive survey (from 16th to 28th Dec.) conducted online amongst those who really matter - the Consumers. Spanning regions as diverse as India and South-East Asia to the European Union and USA-Canada, the user had to select his/her 5 most anticipated movies. To ensure complete transparency and accuracy, a three level authentication check with email validation, cookie check and IP mapping was put into place.
The hot list of the Most Awaited Movies of 2010* truly proved to be the voice of the masses, garnering an overwhelming response. The 12-day poll saw 1,79,681 valid responses. Results were compiled based on votes from 72 countries - countries which constitute about 98% of revenue towards Bollywood releases.
The poll threw up several interesting results, analysis of which is as follows:
1. 2010 will see SRK and Hrithik battling it out for the top spot. Shah Rukh's My Name Is Khan ranks first on our list while his pet project Ra.1 also makes it to the top five. Hrithik has the much awaited Kites and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish, ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively, in his arsenal.
2. Despite a dull 2009, Akshay Kumar retains his hold on the audience's minds, with three of the actor's forthcoming releases: House Full, Action Replayy and Tees Maar Khan finding place in the overall top 20. Interestingly, the Sajid Nadiadwala-Sajid Khan-Akshay Kumar combo in House Full is ranked higher in the poll compared to Vipul Shah's Action Replayy. Moreover, Nikhil Advani's Patiala House has been ranked 18th by Indian surfers.
3. With the ladies, it's a three cornered fight between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor and Kajol. Aishwarya makes a huge comeback with Guzaarish (third), Raavan (sixth) and Action Replayy (ninth). Kareena Kapoor's makes her mark with Ra.1, Agent Vinod and Stepmom Remake in the top 20.
4. Kajol, who is also making a comeback of sorts in 2010, retains a steady fan following. Two of her films, My Name Is Khan and Stepmom Remake find place in the overall top 20.
1. The poll indicates that Indian viewers have not warmed up to animation films. While Tarun Mansukhani's animation film Koochie Koochie Hota Hain ranks 9th and 20th in the UK and US votes polled, it finds no spot on the Indian top 20.
2. In fact, Nikhil Advani's forthcoming animation feature Delhi Safari is placed right at the bottom of our poll results.
1. The poll has reinforced that when it comes to films, 'Content is the King'. Eros and BIG Pictures lead the pack, while it's a mixed bag for most others.
2. Yashraj Films will have to work harder to capture the audience's imagination. For a second year in a row, none of its films find a spot in the top 20.
* Bollywood Hungama (earlier www.indiafm.com) has been conducting polls annually to determine the movies which are awaited the most or have a high level of public awareness and interest. The survey does not reflect or tend to predict the performance of the movie at the box office.
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood News Today & upcoming movies 2020 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.