Several actors prove their worth with their performances in films. But they often don’t get their due or become as popular as they deserved to be. This is when OTT has come to their rescue. They not only got a second shot at fame, but they also got the golden chance to play the leading role, an opportunity they wouldn’t have got in films. Bollywood Hungama, in this feature, lists the 5 top actors whose careers got a boost thanks to their digital projects.
Reinventions via OTT: 5 stars who got a second shot at fame
1. Bobby Deol: With Race 3 (2018), his career’s second act had begun. However, it was Aashram that proved to be a booster shot. It is arguably the most watched show in the Indian digital space thanks to the plot, simplified narrative and of course Bobby’s presence. The actor nailed the role of the corrupt godman and got immense praise. It complimented his negative performance in Love Hostel (2022) and would also prove to be of help for Animal.
2. Shefali Shah: The loss of several prominent actresses was Shefali Shah’s gain. She rocked the show as ACP Vartika Chaturvedi in the two seasons of Delhi Crime. It considerably added to her fan following and now, there is no looking back for her. Even in films, we now only see her in lengthy, author-backed roles, courtesy Delhi Crime.
3. Manoj Bajpayee: The talented performer was synonymous with Bhiku Mhatre in Satya (1998). Since 2019, he is also remembered as Srikant Tiwari, his adorable character in The Family Man series. Audiences loved as his character juggled between work and managing his family. The youngsters, who were too young or were not born during the era of Satya, were exposed to his greatness and became his die-hard fans.
4. Pratik Gandhi: He’s the biggest beneficiary of the OTT wave in India. Earlier, he used to be seen in minuscule roles in Hindi films. With Scam 1992, he became a household name, thanks to his outstanding act as Harshad Mehta. Needless to say, his career has now gone to another level.
5 Jaideep Ahlawat: He shined in films like Aakrosh (2010), Khatta Meetha (2010), Gangs Of Wasseypur (2012), Raazi (2018) etc. Paatal Lok, however, changed the course of his career for the better. Now, the aam junta are aware of his name and he is no longer addressed as ‘That actor from that particular film’.
Besides these actors, some more too have benefited through the advent of digital shows and films:
6. Vijay Varma: Gully Boy(2019) helped him get recognition. But with digital shows like Sheand Mirzapur and a web film like Darlings, audiences realized his true worth. He scored a sixer as the antagonist in Dahaad.
7. Sanjay Kapoor: His acting as a film actor wasn’t going anywhere. By his own admission, his role in Lust Storiesmade him an actor to watch out for. Thanks to his anthology web film, he got plum roles in The Gone Game, The Last Hour, The Fame Gameand Made In Heaven.
8. Rasika Dugal: She did well in films but on the web, she became a powerful force due to her performances in Mirzapur, Delhi Crime, Made In Heaven, Out Of Love, Adhura etc.
9. Sobhita Dhulipala:She got the role of a lifetime with the two seasons of Made In Heaven. She played the challenging role with ease. The Night Manageralso added to her popularity.
10. Arjun Mathur:He also benefited from Made In Heavenand finally got the due.
BOLLYWOOD NEWS - LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & Upcoming Movies 2023 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.