Shubhaavi Choksey, who played the role of Mohini Basu in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, has been keen on doing roles that are willing to help her expand her horizons. The actress is only 39 but has managed to portray the role of a strict mother-in-law flawlessly. In an exclusive conversation with Bollywood Hungama, Shubhaavi Choksey spoke about how the times have changed and how she would like to experiment with her roles. Take a look at the excerpts from our conversation.
1. You recently said that you don't want people to typecast you into older roles, why did you felt the urge to say so now?
There are 2 reasons; The first one is that I have been a professional then a wife then a mother so never had time to think and plan about my career… Now that these aspects are taken care of beautifully I have to time for myself to think and so what I exactly want. Secondly, times have changed, roles for women too hence with pride I say that any age group can play anything today - it is the character that matters.
2. You played Mohini Basu on screen which was much older to your actual age, what are you going to do to get rid of the image of Mohini Basu?
I am not going to do anything to change that, I am filled with gratitude for having played a Mohini Basu thanks to Ekta Kapoor and the entire team... I have always said less and done more so I would only say that my work will speak for itself.
3. You recently quoted in an interview that you wouldn't have played Hiten's mother in Kyunkii.. if there was someone to guide you. Do you feel you made some wrong choices in your career?
I have made mistakes yes, but I won’t call them wrong choices ever ... I earned my Name, My Fame & Stability monetarily thanks to Balaji and Kyunkii .... I have learnt a lot in this process... Made amazing friends too... Somehow in the humdrum of marriage and motherhood I never had the time to think about my career until now so I know that this is the right time for me!
4. Are you only going to take up shows that are of your age now?
It is not only about the age group, I want people to know that I am versatile and want to exhibit it... I love dancing, I love doing stunts, I would also like to do comedy and romance with someone as I have never done any of these on-screen yet...
5. What’s next on the work front?
Fingers crossed and let’s wait and watch!
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood News Today & upcoming movies 2020 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.