|Click above for more movie stills|
In a unique way to promote its forthcoming film Udaan, UTV Motion Pictures conducted a large scale online among youngsters in the age group of 12-19 years. The idea behind this survey was to get an insight into the minds of a teenager and understand their behavioural patterns. Moreover since Udaan talks about the story of a father-son relationship and depicts what a teenage mind goes through, the makers thought that conducting such a survey would be a great idea to create awareness for their film. The survey was conducted across major Indian cities such as Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi / NCR.
Following are some of the results of the survey:
- Around 30% of teens said that if given a chance they would like to change their study stream / career
- 30% of the teens said that they were not comfortable talking to their parents about the problems faced by them
- 40% of boys had smoked in their teens
- 40% of girls and more than 50% of boys admitted to having consumed alcohol in their teens
- More than half of the teens wanted the official age to drink to be lowered to 16
- Around 45% of teens admitted to having stolen money from their parents without them knowing
- 2 out of every 3 boys admitted to having watched a porn film by the time they were 16 years old
- 1 out of every 4 girls admitted to having watched a porn film by the time they were 16 years old
- 1 out of every 3 boys admitted that they had bunked school to watch an adult film
- Every second teen has already kissed someone of the opposite sex
- 15% of boys and girls acknowledged getting intimate with somebody in their school/ college loo
- One out of every 5 teens (both boys and girls) claimed to have had sex
- 9 out of 10 boys and 7 out of 10 girls are ok with premarital sex
- 45% of teenage girls felt that if they got pregnant, they would go for an abortion without ever letting their parents know.
Nearly 1000 teenagers have already taken part in this survey and the makers UTV plan to incorporate the results on the posters, promos and other marketing campaign of their forthcoming film Udaan.