1. Varun Dhawan in his two avatars has a ball in screen. He will be seen in almost every frame of the film. In fact his role in Judwaa 2 is larger footage-wise than Salman Khan in Judwaa. According to a well-informed source, “Varun dominates almost every frame. The movie is almost a show reel for his energy and enthusiasm level.” Take away Varun and you take away the film’s mojo.
2. The two heroines have precious little to do. But then that’s the way things are in the commercial Hindi cinema. Tapsee Pannu and Jacqueline Fernandez have as much to do in Judwaa 2 as Karisma Kapoor and Rambha in the original.
3. The important popular peripheral characters in Judwaa played by Shakti Kapoor, Kader Khan and Bindu will be sorely missed in Judwaa 2. The source informs that the stress on projecting Varun Dhawan in his twin avatars is so relentless that the minor characters are ignored.
4. The theme of mistaken identity of the twins is old hat, done to death in countless blockbusters from Dilip Kumar’s Ram Aur Shyam to Hema Malini‘s Sita Aur Geeta to Anil Kapoor‘s Kishen Kanhaiya. What is new here? It’s Varun’s Salman-meets-Govinda act. Varun Dhawan has actually modelled his two avatars in Judwaa 2 on Salman Khan and Govinda
5. Judwaa 2 is expected to do a business of Rs. 150 crores at least. It is expected to be Varun’s 9th hit in a row, leaving all competition from his generation of star-actors behind. Trade experts say Judwaa 2 is likely to be the biggest hit of the year so far. How big, will depend on how big Varun Dhawan can be at the box office.
6. Producer Sajid Nadiadwala has great huge faith in Varun Dhawan. He has already finalized Varun for Judwaa 3. As for David Dhawan, he has decided not to make any film without Varun in the lead, a la Rakesh Roshan. Kangana Ranaut‘s theory of nepotism be damned.