1. Because it’s the fourth film in the Golmaal series and the tenth film to bring together the tried-and-tested Ajay Devgn– Rohit Shetty combination. Devgn and Shetty first came together in the thriller Zameen. Barring the film Sunday in 2008 the star and the star-director have so far worked only in super-hits and hits. The first Golmaal film was released in 2006. Devgn and Shetty’s last film together Bol Bachchan was a remake of Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s Golmaal. You just can’t take the Golmaal out of these two.
2. This is also a relatively new genre being tried in Golmaal Again. The horror comedy was first attempted by Priyadarshan in Bhool Bhulaiyaa in 2007. More recently Satish Kaushik directed a horror-comedy Gang Of Ghosts in 2014, Prabhu Dheva did a horror-comedy Tutak Tutak Tutiya in 2017. Both failed to evoke laughter. Golmaal Again is bound to make you shiver and giggle. Rohit Shetty has got his writers to pack in the action from frame to frame. It is inescapable fun –time in Golmaal Again.
3. Ajay Devgn loves spooking his co-stars out during shooting. Ghost stories are his favourite. The last time he spent time with ghosts was Ram Gopal Varma’s Bhoot. This time the resident ghost is not quite what ghosts are supposed to be. Sorry, can’t reveal more without giving the plot. All I can say is, ghosts have never been more fun.
4. Tabu and Parineeti Chopra join the Golmaal fun for the first time. Apparently the two ladies had themselves a ball, though not together. News coming from the Golmaal Again locations insist that the two leading ladies couldn’t see eye to eye. Thankfully Tabu and Parineeti don’t have too many scenes together.
5. Finally here’s why you must see Golmaal Again. Kyunki yeh timepass ka zamana hai. Audiences don’t want to be preached down on, or reminded of socio-political responsibilities. They just want to have a fun time at the movies. They had it in Judwaa 2 recently. Now its Golmaal time, folks. So just quit intellectualizing the movie experiences and go with the flow. Junk-food for the soul.