Records are made to be broken and the same holds true in the film industry as well. After setting the bar at Rs. 100 crore it wasn’t long before Bollywood films crossed the mark to set an all-time high of over Rs. 200 crore. With the Aamir Khan starrer PK and the Salman Khan starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan redefining box office collections by earning Rs. 300 crores. But, Salman Khan soon added yet another film to this highly exclusive club with his film Sultan, directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and also featuring Anushka Sharma, which managed to reach the pinnacle, followed by the Aamir Khan starrer Dangal, that was directed by Nitesh Tiwari also featuring two new comers viz. Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra in lead roles, and the SS Rajamouli directed Baahubali 2 – The Conclusion which released across four different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
Now the latest film to enter this highly exclusive club is none other than the Salman Khan – Katrina Kaif starrer Tiger Zinda Hai that was directed by Ali Abbas Zafar. Apart from this, below we list a few unknown facts about the Rs. 300 Crore Club members:
* PK crossed the Rs. 300 cr mark in 17 days, while Bajrangi Bhaijaan did it in 20 days and Sultan managed the same in 35 days. However, becoming the fastest film to enter the Rs. 300 crore club is Dangal that achieved this milestone within just 13 days of its release. But setting a new record of sorts, Baahubali 2– The Conclusion has managed to rake in a staggering Rs. 327.75 cr in just 10 days of its release. Now becoming in the third fastest film to cross the Rs. 300 cr mark is Tiger Zinda Hai that accomplished this feat in 16 days of its release. Padmaavat managed this feat in 50 days of its release.
* Interestingly, both Aamir Khan and Salman Khan first crossed the 300 crore club at the age of 49 years. Becoming the youngest actor to enter this club is Rana Daggubatti at the age of 32 years, while Prabhas entered the club at 37. On the other hand veteran actor Sathyaraj becomes the oldest entrant to the club at the age of 62 years. Joining Rana Daggubatti as the youngest actor to achieve this feat is Ranveer Singh at the age of 32 years, while Shahid joins Prabhas at the second youngest at the age of 37.
* Though with Dangal crossing the Rs. 300 cr mark, Aamir Khan joined Salman Khan as the only actors to have two films in this highly exclusive club, with the staggering success of Tiger Zinda Hai, Salman has now become the only actor with three films viz. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai in the Rs. 300 crore club. Now making their debut in the Rs. 300 cr club with Padmaavat are Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor.
* Anushka Sharma entered the Rs. 300 crore club at the age of 26 while Kareena Kapoor Khan achieved it at the age of 34 years. Now setting a new record will be the actresses of Dangal, Sanya Malhotra at 23 years and Fatima Sana Sheikh who is 24 years, made it into the club as the youngest entrants. Tamannaah Bhatia and Anushka Shetty to make it to the club with Baahubali 2 – The Conclusion at the age of 27 years and 35 years respectively. Joining the others now is Katrina Kaif, who makes it to the club at the age of 34. Becoming the fourth youngest actress to feature in this club is Deepika Padukone at the age of 32 years.
*Anushka Sharma has two films she featured in viz. PK and Sultan that have crossed the Rs. 300 crore mark.
* Director Rajkumar Hirani achieved the feat of entering this club at the age of 52 years while Kabir Khan achieved it at the age of 43 years. However, becoming the youngest director to achieve this milestone is Ali Abbas Zafar at the age of 33 years. SS Rajamouli who directed the epic saga Baahubali entered the club at 43 years of age. With Tiger Zinda Hai too entering the Rs. 300 crore club, Ali Abbas Zafar becomes the only director to have two films viz. Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai make it across the 300 cr mark. At the age of 55 years, Sanjay Leela Bhansali becomes the oldest director to feature in this club.
* PK saw a release across a whopping 5200 screens while Bajrangi Bhaijaan released across 4500 screens. Sultan, on the other hand, saw a release across approximately 5100 screens worldwide. However, Aamir Khan’s Dangal saw the biggest release with the film hitting a total of 5300 screens (4300 domestic + 1000 overseas). But surpassing the release pattern of Aamir Khan’s Dangal to become the film that enjoyed the widest release is Tiger Zinda Hai that hit a total of 5700 screens (domestic 4600 + overseas 1100)
|Sr. No.||Movie Name||Release||Lifetime (Crores)||Days Taken to Reach 300 Crores||Milestone Date|
|1||Baahubali 2 – The Conclusion||28-Apr-17||510.98||10||07-Apr-17|
|4||Tiger Zinda Hai||22-Dec-17||339.16||16||06-Jan-18|
300 Crore breakup year wise
|Year||No. of movies||Highest (Cr.)|
Actors who have made it to the 300 Crore club
|Actor||No. of Films||Highest (Cr.)|
Actresses who have made it to the 300 Crore club
|Actress||No. of Films||Highest (Cr.)|
|Kareena Kapoor Khan||1||320.34|
Directors who have made it to the 300 Crore club
|Director||No. of Films||Highest (Cr.)|
|Ali Abbas Zafar||2||339.16|
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali||1||302.15|
The box office figures are compiled from various sources and our own research. The figures can be approximate and Bollywood Hungama does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data. However they are adequately indicative of the box-office performance of the film(s).