|Click above for more stills|
So join the all the stars and audience and be a part of the biggest ever show which features the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh, Preity Zinta, Vishal and Shekhar. Of course, there are guest appearances (Akshay Kumar, Madhuri Dixit, Shilpa Shetty) galore too that add spice to the proceedings.
Here we give an account of all the hype and hoopla which followed the moment all the stars landed in Toronto, the first city where they were slated to perform in this worldwide tour.
– At the Toronto airport itself, there were dozens of fans who waited patiently for the stars to descend from the airport lobby. As expected, it was a hysterical response with crowd greeting the performers with hysterical cheering!
– Amitabh Bachchan wasn’t upset but highly amused with British Airways. Reason? They had misplaced close to a dozen suitcases belonging to the Bachchan family. Apart from regular stuff, the suitcases also contained the costumes which Bachchans were required to be wearing during press conferences as well as the shows. While Big B did quip that his informal attire in the press conference was courtesy British Airways, many were left wondering whether he would also go ahead and sue the airlines.
– Press conference itself was a grand affair because regardless of the event being outside Mumbai, close to 400 odd media people were present in full strength while bombarding the group with questions. Arrangements were impeccable as each of the stars was seated on exclusive sofa sets with media going around the hall and given an opportunity to interact with each of them on an exclusive basis. Neat!
– Security provided to the stars was world class with each of them enjoying a personal security guard for company at every move. Powered by walkie-talkies and all the associated gadgets, these guards were themselves pretty cued about the people for whom they were responsible for the security and couldn’t help smiling away with the big moment they found themselves in!
– Gifted with a VVIP treatment, the stars have a Limo to their disposal. Not just that; the drive across different venues is ‘pucca filmy’ with the Limos being protected at both ends by a couple of bikes each which make sure that the road ahead is kept clear! Kya style hai!
– Big B also ensured that no one from the technical team ever get hassled by any stray incidence. When there was some problem with some equipments, resulting in an engineer getting harassed, he comforted him and made sure that he tried rectifying the problem with a cooler head. From someone who has seen the industry and been a part of countless shows for decades, Amitabh Bachchan was chilled out and didn’t let any minor mishap hamper the spirit of the team.
– Last one heard, Amitabh Bachchan continued his reputation of being a trail blazer when it came to preparations before the show! Hours after landing in the city and a brief rest later, he was there in the rehearsal hall and pepped up everyone else to come up with their best. He rehearsed non-stop with everyone else and didn’t show any signs of fatigue whatsoever! No wonder, the youngsters were left wondering about the spirit and never-say-die spirit of the man who is well into his 60s!
– Vishal and Shekhar were left amazed when they visited the stadium to have a dekko at the arrangements before the show. Grandeur was simply surreal as they realized that the stage set there was as tall as 5 stories! The venue (Rogers Centre) has a capacity to accommodate more than 15000 patrons and was already sold out before the kick start of the show!